The Canon PowerShot N, a very interesting and unique compact digital camera that I held it for the first time earlier in the year, in the month of April 2013. I had a first time hands on with the Canon PowerShot N and I shared my initial views of the Canon PowerShot N here! This compact digital camera was something that I was planning to get my hands on with it and I can do a review on the Canon PowerShot N. Recently, I managed to get hold of the Canon PowerShot N for a short period to review the camera and here I am, sharing my thoughts, views and photographs taken with the Canon PowerShot N.
The Canon PowerShot N was a fun and easy camera to use, however, given that I am more used to a different camera system (DSLR), I confessed that I struggled at times with the easy to use and simple functions of the Canon PowerShot N. Packed inside this cute little and powerful Canon PowerShot N are a DIGIC 5 processor, a highly-sensitive 12.1 megapixel CMOS sensor, and the new ZoomPlus technology, boosting the 8x optical zoom lens (28-224mm) to up to 16x zoom, making the PowerShot N a versatile companion in all situations. With the various shooting modes – Auto, Hybrid Auto, P, Creative Shot, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Soft Focus, Monochrome, Super Slow Motion Movie, you can have a good time exploring and playing with the different modes!
- Very small, lightweight and portable
- It fits nicely into your palm
- Wireless connectivity that allows you to take and share your photographs easily and quickly
- 10 Reasons Why You Need The Hand (check out the photo below)
- Small enough to hide it away while taking photographs
- An alternative street photography camera from the rangefinders
- 6 creative shots
- 25 randomised filters in their Creative Shot mode
- Creative and artistic fun
- First dual-ring lens design which includes a zoom ring and shutter ring
- Flipping up the LCD screen at 90 degrees angle allowing you to shoot from the hip level like a Twin Lens Reflex (TLR)
- Tilt Screen is handy and easy to use
- Easy to use Touch Screen
- A fun toy camera to play with yet it comes in a sturdy body and built
- Touch screen too sensitive
- Shutter Ring too sensitive
- Battery life is a bit weak
- The size might be a bit small for those with big hands
- Challenging to take photos in night/dim conditions
Which type/group of users would suit and love the Canon PowerShot N ?
- Photographers looking for a fun loving toy digital compact camera
- Parents looking for a fun toy camera for their children to start learning photography (where the fun element of photography is the key)
- Travel photographers (sometimes you need to use a small digital compact camera)
- Social Media enthusiasts / bloggers attending media / blogging events
- Photography enthusiasts that carry a camera out everyday inside their bag
- Looking for a birthday gift for your friends/loved ones
The Canon PowerShot N is retailing at a price of $399. If you are keen to know more about the Canon PowerShot N, you can visit Canon Singapore website on the PowerShot N. There is also an interactive website for the Canon PowerShot N and you will be able to explore the Canon PowerShot N further!