My Parents Travel Photos to Haerbin 2009

During the period of the Chinese Lunar New Year Holidays, my parents would usually pack their bags for 1 week and visit different parts of China for the past many years. This year is no different and their destination is 哈尔滨, Haerbin, Helongjiang Province.

As you can see from the selected photos, it is a very cold region in China, with temperatures dropping to -20 degrees Celsius.

Hope you all enjoy viewing them, would be looking at uploading more photos up soon for your viewing pleasure !

FILED UNDER: Uncategorized

Comments

1. Harmony says:

Such a cold and lonely place it looked.

2. iWalk says:

Always miss the days in Haerbin.The river is freezing so I could ride a big horse on SongHuaJiang. I feel so great that moment. 🙂

I also tumbled a lot there, There was so much ice on road!

Peole there love to eat ice cream in winter, But I love ice pear,Ice persimmon more!

3. Wonderful images, I really like the shot with the peppers hanging on the wall !!

4. Cashmere says:

Oooh…. snow! Isn’t it great that your parents are still going for their “honeymoon” every year.. 🙂

5. Mei Teng says:

Harbin is a very cold place! Have seen it on documentary and their ice sculptures attract loads of visitors. The locals go swimming in the cold winter lakes..and they claimed it’s good for health.

I am not sure I want to visit as I can’t stand extreme cold temperatures but I guess it’s worth the trip for those who love the cold 🙂

6. Pu Niao says:

Hi, you’ve been tagged for a Valentine’s Day meme. Check it out @ http://sexybluemame.blogspot.com/2009/02/valentines-love-its-all-about-love-and.html

Meanwhile, do join my Valentine’s day meme @ http://sexybluemame.blogspot.com/2009/02/5-craziest-things-i-have-done-for-love.html too

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
    Pu Niao

7. Jinghui says:

Hi Harmony,

Yes, it was very cold, my parents told me the lowest temperature was about -20 degrees Celsius !

From some of the photos, you were right to say that some parts were very lonely. However, in the city, it was crowded !

8. Jinghui says:

Hi iWalk

Nice stories from you ! Hope to hear about it sometime !

9. Jinghui says:

Hi bernie kasper

Thanks for your kind comments ! There were interesting shots there taken by my parents and that was one of them !

10. Jinghui says:

Hi Cashmere

Haha …… Very nice of you to say it is a honeymoon !!!!

They usually take long leave during the CNY period and have an extended rest and holiday !

11. Jinghui says:

Hi Mei Teng

The weather was very cold, nevertheless, there were people there that still enjoy activities in cold weather !

I love winter, except those areas that could be a bit too cold for me !

12. Jinghui says:

Hi Pu Niao

Thanks for the meme, I would participate and blog on it soon …. 🙂

13. kbguy says:

wow. this is a place I must explore. I will jot in down for my next year plan. Btw, what plane fly direct to Harbin from KL ?

14. Jinghui says:

Hi kbguy

It’s a destination worth considering, you might want to check out China Eastern Airlines or MAS, they should have flights to major cities in China (although you might need a transfer flight).