Sony recently announced new digital imaging products into their current line up of digital imaging products family. The new cameras were pretty impressive and attracted many interest following their announcement of their 7, 7R, Cyber-shot RX10 and new full-frame E-Mount lenses. With the Sony rumours going around prior to the official announcement, this was highly anticipated among the photography market/community worldwide, who were eagerly waiting to see/read/touch about the new Sony cameras!
7 and 7R
Setting a new benchmark in the industry, the 7 and 7R are the first cameras in the world to offer full-frame interchangeable lens mirrorless photography with auto focus. Both cameras feature an astounding 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor, with the 7 sporting a resolution of 24.3 effective megapixels, and the 7R that comes with 36.4-effective megapixel (approximate) resolution. This gives photographers limitless artistic and photo-taking opportunities, while delivering detail-packed stills or crisp, cinematic Full HD video. Fast-moving objects are also kept in sharp focus with the new Fast Intelligent AF technology for quick and precise autofocus.
The light, compact new 7 and 7R interchangeable lens full-frame digital cameras from Sony will be available at selected Sony Stores, Sony Centres and Sony authorised dealers from end-November 2013.
The 20.2-effective megapixel Cyber-shot RX10 bridge camera offers levels of clarity and resolving power in a compact, ultra-portable size. Equipped with a fixed Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm (35mm equivalent) F2.8 lens, the Cyber-shot RX10 delivers superb picture quality with an added versatile zoom range from wide-angle to telephoto. Its wide F2.8 maximum aperture gives you the equivalent brightness to those of interchangeable prime lenses, which allows you to achieve clear and detailed images even in low-lighting conditions.
The compact, all-in-one Cyber-shot RX10 digital camera from Sony will be available at selected Sony Stores, Sony Centres and Sony authorised dealers from end-November 2013.
Full-Frame E-Mount Lenses
To get the very best out of the extensive array of interchangeable lens digital cameras from Sony, the new range of full-frame E-Mount lenses is ready to take full-frame photography to a whole new level. Compatible with the new 7 and 7R and all other E-Mount cameras and camcorders, the following lens line-up and mount adaptors aim to fulfill every type of photographer’s photo-taking needs:
- SEL35F28Z: Sonnar T* FE 35mm F2.8 ZA – Wide-angle, full-frame fixed focal lens best for street scenes and landscapes.
- SEL55F18Z: Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA – Dust-proof and moisture resistant, ideal for outdoor photography.
- SEL2470Z: Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS – 24-70mm zoom, ideal for portraits, landscapes and everyday shooting.
- SEL2870: FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS – Versatile, mid-range zoom. Great for family portraits and everyday snapshots.
- SEL70200G: FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS – Premium, telephoto zoom.
- SAL70200G2: 70-200mm F2.8 G SSM II (A-mount) – Telephoto A-Mount lens best suited for portraiture, sports and wildlife photo-taking.
- LA-EA4 and LA-EA3: full-frame compatible mount adaptors – Allows users to enjoy the use of their A-Mount lenses on their E-Mount cameras.
The new lenses from Sony will be available at selected Sony Stores, Sony Centres and Sony authorised dealers from the following dates below:
|SEL2870||End-November 2013 (optional lens kit for 7)|
|SEL2470Z||To be announced|
The new Sony A7, A7R and RX10 cameras that were recently announced to the world attracted a lot of attention and getting people interested to look into them. Along with other camera brands FujiFilm, Panasonic, Nikon launching their new cameras at around the same time period. All these camera brands are definitely rocking the cameras market especially the mirrorless camera market segment and I reckon that the Sony A7 and A7R might make a big impact!
Here are some useful links and additional information for the Sony A7, A7R and RX10 cameras
– There is a Hands-on First Impressions of the Sony A7, A7R and RX 10 by Steve Huff, do visit his website and have a good read!
– For more information on Sony Digital Imaging, do drop by their website here!
* Information and Photographs Courtesy of Sony Singapore and Waggener Edstrom Worldwide *