On 12th June 2015, there were 2 brand new cars announcing their arrival into the Singapore market, they were lovingly described as twins, each with its own distinctive design and style. One is luxurious and valiant, the other is bold and daring. Which of the twins do you prefer?
Borneo Motors Singapore, the nation’s official distributor of Toyota automobiles, introduced the new third generation Toyota Alphard and Toyoya Vellfire. They are two luxury MPVs, incorporating luxurious saloon space with beautiful and sophisticated interiors. The Toyota Alphard is luxurious and valiant while the twin, Toyota Vellfire is bold and daring. Each of them has its own unique and individual characteristics, design and style. The Toyota Alphard and Toyota Vellfire are the flagship MPVs of the Toyota family and the new third generation designs promise improved handling, stability and comfortable riding delivered by refined engine performance, distinctive prominent exteriors and beautifully designed interior refinements.
What are some of the latest MPVs key features? Here’s a summary –
- Luxurious exteriors: Designed with the concept of “GRANDELUXE”, both vehicles are designed with distinctive and impactful exteriors.
- First class premium level interiors:
- 1st class comfort with Captain and Ottoman seats in the second row
- Sculpted metal surface and wood-grain ornamentation.
- Tri-Zone Independent Automatic air conditioning system lets the driver, front and rear passengers control their preferred temperatures autonomously.
- An increase in interior space for greater comfort and accessibility for driver and passengers.
- Refined performance: Equipped with the new 2.5L Dual VVT-i engine that continuously optimises the timing of the intake and exhaust valve operation according to driving conditions. This provides a higher level of performance in every area and enhances fuel economy and lowers emissions.
- InTouch Telematics System: 7-inch MID (Multi Information Display) touch screen system, that enables drivers to stay connected on the roads and compliment the luxurious quality of the vehicles. (Only vehicles purchased from Borneo Motors Singapore will come with the InTouch built-in.)
Comprehensive Safety for Peace of Mind
The Toyota Alphard and Toyota Vellfire seek to provide a high level of protection for its driver and passengers by featuring a list of comprehensive features, including:
- 7 SRS airbags: Driver, Front passenger side, Curtain and Driver’s Knee.
- Whiplash Injury Lessening (WIL): Front seats, so that in the event of a rear-end collision, the occupant’s torso will sink into the seat and the head and back will be restrained simultaneously, to help reduce impact to the occupant’s neck.
- Steering-assisted Vehicle Stability Control (S-VSC) system: Integrating key safety features such as ABS, TRC/TRAC, VSC and EPS functions to ensure the vehicle maintains excellent driving performance in terms of driving, turning and stopping.
- Hill-start Assist Control: Ensuring smooth hill starts by applying brake pressure to all four wheels for approximately two seconds in order to hold the vehicle and reduce rollback on a steep and/or slippery incline.
- Front and Rear Sensor system: Using ultrasonic sensors to detect an obstacle at the front corners and rear of the vehicle. An indicator and buzzer also alert the position of the vehicle and proximity between the sensors and obstacle.
- LED Cornering Lamps: Ensuring effective visibility in the intended direction of travel when entering an intersection by allowing illumination at a higher point than that of low beam headlamps to illuminate the upper body of a pedestrian. Separate light sources have been added to effectively guide driver’s line-of-sight and visibility of the vehicle for pedestrians.
Source: Borneo Motors Singapore
At the Toyota Alphard and Vellfire official launch, I witnessed the arrival of tbe two brand new and latest MPVs from Toyota. They are pretty similar yet having some distinct designs and features that make them stands out from each other. Which design do you prefer/like? Personally, I prefer the Toyota Alphard, the front design and the colours.
If you like to know more about the Toyota Alphard and Toyota Vellfire, do visit the Borneo Motors Singapore and check out the all new third generation Toyota Alphard and Toyota Vellfire.
*Information Courtesy of Borneo Motors Singapore and Cohn & Wolfe Singapore*