The Casio EXILIM EX-100 was introduced recently to the Singapore market in April 2014. The Casio EXILIM EX-100 is a high-speed compact digital camera that is packed with interesting and pretty powerful features for a compact digital camera and it is packed with a 10.7x optical zoom lens and constant f/2.8 aperture.
* CASIO EXILIM EX-100 picture Courtesy of Casio Singapore and Ogilvy Public Relations *
The Casio EXILIM EX-100 was available for review recently for a period of two weeks. It accompanied me to the Made-in-Singapore products preview exhibition, University of Queensland Alumni Networking Night at Loof, Singapore Night Festival 2014 media preview and daily camera in my workbag. I had fun with the close up functions on food and Star Wars Lego mini-figurines too! It was a fun and interesting two weeks of my time with the Casio EXILIM EX-100 and I would like to share my thoughts, pros and cons of the Casio EXILIM EX-100 compact digital camera.
- The Casio EXILIM EX-100 is of a solid build, consisting of solid die-cast magnesium body with a grip attached.
- The Toy Art function is very fun and interesting function. It is great for travel and taking photographs such as Miniature cities/roads.
- New Intelligent dual bracketing functions – white balance and saturation combination, and white balance and contrast combination, users can play around with a variety of seven combinations. At a single click of the shutter, the EX-100 captures nine stunning images for users to select the best possible shot every single time.
- Auto bracketing functions.
- Wi-fi capability and connectivity with smartphone app.
- Large 3.5inch tilt type LCD screen.
- Front shutter + Large LCD screen can be inverted 180 degrees, perfect for selfie / wefie photography and there is a countdown timer that can be seen from the screen.
- Function ring – useful and mode-specific function such as zoom, aperture, and shutter speed adjustment.
- Lens Cap/Hood – provides protection for the lens.
- Premium Auto Pro function is a strong feature for the photographers to utilize.
- EX Finder – good for photographers to know their setup.
- The user interface is not friendly and not easy to navigate.
- Weight of the Casio EXILIM EX-100 is a bit on the heavier side for a compact digital camera.
- At ISO 12,800 and aperture f/2.8, the image noise is grainy.
* Intelligent Dual Bracketing Function Pictures Courtesy of Casio Singapore and Ogilvy Public Relations *
Q: The Casio EXILIM EX-100 might be suitable for which group of photographers?
A: In my personal and humble opinion, the Casio EXILIM EX-100 is ideal and suitable for
- Photographers who are looking for a fun compact camera that suits their daily usage or a compact travel camera.
- Photography enthusiasts who love selfie and wefie, the Casio EXILIM EX-100 is highly suitable and the functionalities are designed with that in mind.
- Photographers who love food photography, the Casio EXILIM EX-100 can get you up close and allowing you to take nice food photographs!
The new CASIO EXILIM EX-100 is available at all authorised CASIO and EXILIM retailers at a Suggested Retail Price of SGD $1,199.00. Do check out Casio website for more information and details if you are keen on the Casio EXILIM EX-100! Here’s the link to the photographs that I took with the Casio EXILIM EX-100 on my Flickr collection and 500px portfolio!
* I would like to thank Casio Singapore and Ogilvy Public Relations for the opportunity to review the Casio EXILIM EX-100 compact digital camera. *
Created with flickr slideshow.