Travel and outdoor adventure has always have been a part of me, something deep inside me, cultivated by National Geographic Magazine, rooted and grown by my Scouting days with my alumni mata, Gan Eng Seng Dragon Scout Group, with many outdoor activities and outdoor adventure. Bitten by the travel bug too, I once dreamt of being a National Geographic Photojournalist!
While I confessed that my outdoor adventures and travel didn’t reach the numbers and destinations that I would love to, there’s still some nice & exciting outdoor adventures and travels that I embarked since my Scouting days till today. Travel magazines was once a favourite of mine and I used to buy and read them regularly, always mesmerised and dreaming of the various destinations and adventures that they went/been to.
In an era of social media expansion, via the various social media channels and networks, I got to know more travel folks, bloggers, writers, they have really awesome adventures and travel experiences. Among those I knew personally is Nellie Huang, a fellow Singaporean, who owns this travel website Wild Junket, who has a great following, personality and reputation among the travel community in the world. When Nellie launched her brand new E-Magazine on outdoor adventure and travel, I requested Nellie for a copy of her 1st E-Magazine WildJunket to do a review and I was impressed by WildJunket.
Click here to visit WildJunket.
Let me share with you my personal views from my review on WildJunket E-Magazine February/March 2012
– WildJunket is written by passionate travel writers/bloggers of extensive travel experiences
– Great team of contributors on Wild Junket
– Excellent and interesting content, a truly outdoor adventure and travel E-magazine
– It’s world wide focus, unlike some other travel magazines, they sometimes tend to be continent focused.
– Very inspiring travel stories and travel destinations
– Very refreshing and exciting, injecting a fresh new perspective into travel magazines
– It’s not just about outdoor adventure and travels, there are other interesting articles from food to outdoor gears
– WildJunket has a community bonding and sharing, interacting, socializing and sharing with readers, contributors, writers and editors. Which other travel magazines in the world does this ?
– It’s available in PDF format
– It’s tablet friendly
– It’s on Zinio (my favourite E-Magazine)
– Print edition would be available in the future (pending confirmation)
Pricing and subscription
– USD $2.95 for single issue
– USD $14.95 for 12 months subscription
In my humble opinion, WildJunket is a excellent outdoor adventure and travel E-Magazine, at this price you are paying for and the awesome content you are reading, it’s definitely worth your money and time to buy and subscribe and read it many times!
For more information on WildJunket subscription, check out their WildJunket Magazine site for more details! After reading WildJunket E-Magazine 1st issue
I was more motivated and energised again, to seek out more outdoor adventure and travel, truly inspiring and heartwarming, I can feel it from reading the adventure stories and their photographs, encouraging me to travel light and travel far – traveling beyond the conventional tourism trail, to seek out extraordinary experiences while protecting the environment.
Traveling forward ahead, I would like to be and hope to be featured one day inside her WildJunket E-Magazine in any of her editorial departments, maybe as a Travel Guide or Photo Essay !
Without a doubt, WildJunket E-Magazine is definitely worth your consideration to pay and subscribe to, and Nellie’s extensive travel website and blog is definitely the best testimonial.
Last but not least, I would like to congratulate Nellie on an awesome job on her WildJunket E-Magazine! Good luck and all the best in your WildJunket travels and outdoor adventure!!