Lomography recently launched a new lens, the Lomography Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lens Brass, chrome plated. This lens would be of interest to photographers!
Here are more information and details that you can check it out, let me share them with you from the press release information:
The Lomography Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lens is a revival of the 1839 Chevalier Achromat Lens’ lost aesthetic.
Photographers and videographers can delve into an extensive variation of moods and special effects: silky soft focus at f/2.9, crisp sharp shots from f/5.6 onwards, and a focal length of 64mm with the Daguerreotype Achromat.
- Back as a New Classic with an Exclusive Chrome Finishing: inspired by the incredible support the Daguerreotype Achromat received on Kickstarter in 2016, Lomography is launching a stunning chrome-plated edition.
- The Ethereal Aesthetics of The World’s First Photographic Optic Lens: reviving an optical design from 1839 by Daguerre and Chevalier to offer crisp sharpness, silky soft focus, and freedom to control depth of field with multiple bokeh effects.
- Premium Quality Craftsmanship of The Art Lens Family: designed and handcrafted in a small manufactory – reinvented for use with modern digital and analogue cameras in Canon EF and Nikon F mounts, and Pentax K mounts (Brass and Black finishing only).
- Celebrating in Glitter and Cheer: launch events, parties, and international exhibitions being organised in Lomography Gallery Stores worldwide.
- Focal Length: 64mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.9
- Apertures: Waterhouse aperture stops, up to f/16
- Lens Mounting Profile: Canon EF, Nikon F and Pentax K*
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.5m
- Focusing Mechanism: helicoid
- Image circle: 44mm
- Field of view: 37 degrees
- Filter Thread: 40.5mm
- Electronic Contacts: No
- Lens Construction: 2 elements in 1 group
- Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lens Brass, Chrome Plated Canon EF: SGD 748
- Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lens Brass, Chrome Plated Nikon F: SGD 748
- Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lens: https://shop.lomography.com/
- Visit the Daguerreotype Achromat 2.9/64 Art Lens Microsite: www.lomography.com/achromat
*Compatible also with a large range of other cameras using adapter mounts.
*Pentax K mount only available for Brass and Black finishing
* Information and pictures courtesy of Lomography Online Services *