National Geographic is celebrating their 125th Anniversary. In celebration of their 125th Anniversary, National Geographic Channel and Canon are working closely together on initiatives in the month of November to bring to life some of National Geographic Channel most exceptional content collected over the years. I went down to Vivo City on the 1st November 2013 and visited National Geographic 125th Anniversary Photo Exhibition in the evening and I had a fun time admiring the great works and collection of National Geographic over the years.
Award winning photographer, Cory Richards, was in Singapore to open the exhibition, said, “Photographing for National Geographic is truly a phenomenal experience. It is a challenge every day, but a challenge I embrace wholeheartedly. It’s an honour to be featured in this exhibition and I am grateful for the support from both National Geographic and Canon in my explorations.”
Here’s a quick snapshot of National Geographic 125th Anniversary Photo Exhibition details
- Photos from National Geographic’s rich archive, consisting of pictures taken by renowned photographers such as Thomas Abercrombie, Michael Nichols, Steve Winter, Tim Laman, Cory Richards
- Best shots from the EOS Young Photographer Awards held earlier this year
- 125th Photos that Amaze Us – follows some of the most brilliant photojournalists who risk almost everything to discover the world for us
- The Killer Shot: Lost Eden with Tim Laman – National Geographic’s most famous photographer, embark on a journey to the frontier of the Pacific – Australia’s Cape York Peninsula and the adjacent areas of Southern New Guinea across the Torres Strait.
The photo exhibition is definitely worth visiting, especially if you are National Geographic fan and an enthusiast photographer. The photos and stories by National Geographic over her history of 125 years definitely impacted millions of people around the world and still continuing today. My photography style is largely influenced by National Geographic when I first started learning about photography and reading the great works by the National Geographic photojournalists.
It’s the weekend and do make a trip down to Vivo City and visit National Geographic 125th Anniversary Photo Exhibition!
* Information Courtesy of National Geographic Channel, Canon Singapore, Ogilvy Public Relations and Full Circle PR *