Canon Singapore launched the Canon eShop on the 22nd September 2015. This got my attention when I saw the press release and I went into the Canon eShop to take a look and navigate around the site! Before I share the press release information and details, I would just like to share a few thoughts from navigating the Canon eShop and exploring what they have inside the Canon eShop without having buy anything yet at this point in time when I shared this article.
- Convenient for shoppers to buy online without having to go down to the shop (Personally, for some photography items such as camera body and lens, I will prefer to try and test it out in the shop before buying)
- Some accessories and peripherals (e.g. ink cartridge and photo paper) are easier to buy now (Some photo paper can be pretty tricky to find, this would make it easier to buy them)
- Deliver the items right to your doorstep (Delivery charges apply! Free delivery with a minimum spend of $200)
- The website user interface is pretty good, clean and easy to navigate.
- Photographers can buy photography stuff anytime they want since it is round-the-clock
- Additional channel for photographers to purchase photography products and accessories
Let me share with you more information on the Canon eShop from the press release information –
The Canon eShop (shop.canon.com.sg), is a one-stop e-commerce platform offering the full range of Canon consumer products and services to customers at their convenience.
“In this digital age, a segment of customers appreciate the convenience, accessibility and option to research and shop online. Our customers’ needs are important to us and we aim to deliver a multichannel approach for a seamless Canon experience.’’ said Edwin Teoh, Assistant Director, Consumer Business Marketing, Canon Singapore. “The Canon eShop complements our physical retail network, an integral part of our business that offers the tactile experience whilst essentially offering our customers more options.’’
Delivered right to your doorstop
With the Canon eShop as an additional channel to serve our customers, round-the-clock shopping and doorstep delivery is now possible. Customers can easily purchase products or accessories, and stock up on consumables such as ink cartridges and media.
The purchase process is straightforward – after browsing and adding desired items to the shopping cart, users can simply proceed to check out and await the items via courier. Delivery is free for purchases above $200. Currently, Canon eShop accepts both local and foreign credit cards for delivery to customers residing in Singapore.
Comprehensive shopping with a peace of mind
The mobile compatible Canon eShop enables customers to research and shop on the move, with the assurance that the Canon products and consumables are genuine.
Customers’ personal data and credit information are encrypted and secured via CyberSource, for added privacy, payment security, and data protection.
An extensive line-up of Canon consumer products – cameras and lenses, video camcorders, printers and scanners, accessories and consumables are available on the eShop.
For eShop customer service support, customers may also call the dedicated hotline at 1800 799 2828 for enquiries relating to their online purchase, payment and delivery.
* Information and details courtesy of Canon Singapore and Ogilvy Public Relations Singapore *