The world travel and tourism industries have started to reopen up again gradually over the past few months. While the world is not back to its pre-pandemic level yet, we are all making progress, slowly and surely, traveling out for our favourite holidays and destinations again. Right at our doorstep and surrounding regions (for us in Singapore, as well as fellow ASEAN countries), South East Asia is firmly back on travelers radar once again. Would you like to do something for your travel holiday adventures? How about rediscover South East Asia again with Scott Dunn?
A wide variety of travel adventures and activities await you, from trekking through the verdant jungle of Borneo in search of majestic orang utans, to cruising along the winding waterways of Mekong Delta, South East Asia has it all for us travelers. There are many destinations to visit in this remarkable South East Asia region of the world, as they start to relax their COVID entry requirements, there’s never been a better time to plan a trip. Check out this video by Scott Dunn, the beauty and charm of South East Asia!
Whether you’re planning a family retreat, a unique escapade for one, or a romantic getaway for two, let Scott Dunn bring you on a journey to uncover the natural wonders of our tropical neighbours and engage with the region’s rich and colourful history.
The allure of Indonesia is undeniable – a diverse country where blue waters lap deserted beaches, rice paddles cut into hillsides and volcanoes soar over lush rainforests. The different cultures and people of Indonesia offer warm hospitality and the hotels are some of the most luxurious in the Asia Pacific. There is no better place to reconnect with nature than on Indonesia’s many island paradise.
- Family Holidays in Indonesia: From paddle boarding to parasailing, the ocean is a playground for the whole family where crystal clear waters awaits with conditions ideal for kids learning to swim. Unique accommodation options afford you the comfort and privacy of a home away from home, in an exotic setting where villas are spacious with enough rooms for kids to play, teens to bask in the sun, and parents to recline in the shade of a leafy palm. As a key highlight, navigating the far flung islands of Komodo and Flores or Raja Ampat is an extra special way to celebrate an occasion or spend quality time together, guaranteeing that both young and old are catered for from start to finish.
- Honeymoons in Indonesia: From Java to Bali and Lombok, Indonesia is arguably the ultimate honeymoon destination and it is for good reason that discerning honeymooners have long fallen under the spell of this enchanting string of paradisiacal islands. As a haven for scuba diving, white sandy beaches and utterly romantic experiences, it is the perfect place for a truly romantic getaway. Expect post-nuptial pampering and total relaxation in equal measure.
- Temples in Indonesia: Indonesia is a cultural phenomenon and a mosaic of temples, shrines and stupas, with eight UNESCO World Heritage sites to its name. From the shores of Indonesia’s low lying coastal regions, to its spongy hilltops and rice paddy clad fields, temples in Indonesia abound – seamlessly interweaving different cultures into the fabric of Indonesia. Visiting the country’s temples during regional festivals or national celebrations – such as the vibrant Bali Arts Festival or the holiest festival in Buddhism, Waisak – is a wonderful way to witness these incredible sites in all their glittering glory.
- Unique Experience: Cruise the extraordinary Komodo National Park aboard a luxury yacht for the most unique way to explore this untouched region. Stop off at the snorkelling and diving hotspots, the pristine beaches and the islands in search of the mighty Komodo Dragon before returning to Bali’s south coast for a relaxing end to your holiday unwinding on the beaches of Seminyak.
There are few places in the world where you can experience an exotic and rich culture the way that you do when you travel in Vietnam. A nation carpeted in greenery and studded with historic cities, it stretches along the South China Sea and snuggles up to Laos and Cambodia to the west and China to the north. There are so many fascinating places to visit in Vietnam from astonishingly beautiful scenery and beaches to evocative cities such as Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) and Hoi An – it’s a country hard to beat.
- Vietnam for Families: Children are warmly embraced by the people of Vietnam. Kids will love the enchanting water puppet theatres, beaches, train and boat rides, and colonial city tours by Vespa. With dazzling beaches, lush mountains, fascinating hill-tribe villages, fabulous food and a deep history, Vietnam is a country like no other. Travelling with your family from the south to the north allows you to take in all that is alluring the country has to offer. From the emerald waters and limestone karsts of Halong Bay to vibrant and bustling Saigon, Vietnam has something for every member of the family.
- Vietnam Luxury Honeymoons: The different weather patterns along the length of the country make Vietnam a year-round destination, and therefore a fabulous option whatever the time of the year you are seeking a romantic getaway. From fascinating old meets new culture, fantastic cuisine, breathtaking scenery, and some incredible luxury beach properties, Vietnam is a great luxury romantic destination for two.
- Our Guide to Vietnam: With much to see and do in Vietnam, we recommend journeying like locals on the back of a Vespa through the streets of Saigon – through the central coast countryside by bike or buffalo cart and learn to fish Vietnam style. In Hanoi, meet a Feng Shui master or have a pre breakfast Tai Chi class and explore its colonial streets by jeep. Further north, trek from Sapa to Ta Giang Phinh across the waterfall scattered and undulating landscape past numerous villages, home to lesser-known ethnic groups and charming stilt houses.
- Unique Experience: Discover Hoi An’s mysterious nightlife from the back of a vintage Vespa scooter with a Street Food Tour. From the most famous white rose and fried wonton restaurant in town to the incredible BBQ specialties and charcoal grill, be sure to also join the locals with some glasses of cold beer and learn the art of Vietnamese wrap ‘n’ roll. Feast to your heart’s delight through Vietnam’s busy streets and alleyways.
From magnificent ancient temples shrouded in luminous jungle to blissful beaches that line the coast, Cambodia is a small country with a huge amount to offer. With the world famous UNESCO protected temples of Angkor at its centre along with its burgeoning riverside capital, Phnom Penh, dig deep for captivating insights into Cambodia’s intoxicating past – making Cambodia a country bursting with things to do, easily filling four to five days as part of a longer tour.
- Cambodia for Families: From the patchwork of paddy fields to the world-famous temples of Angkor, Cambodia offers everything for an exotic out-of-the-box family adventure. Try gourmet temple breakfasts, experience kayaking on Tonle Sap Lake, or even helicopter to remote and rarely seen temples. Scott Dunn is here to create the most amazing family for your 7, 17, and 70 year olds.
- Cambodia for Honeymooners: Epic Cambodia makes a luxuriously romantic escape in Amansara in Siem Reap and the indulgent island resort of Song Saa on Cambodian’s coast. With a wealth of unique and luxurious accommodations, private island escapes and one-in-a-lifetime experiences. Enjoy exquisite farm-to-table gourmet meals surrounded by paddy fields before going on breath-taking helicopter tours to remote locations across Cambodia.
- Our Guide to Cambodia: As Asia’s most celebrated destinations packed full of other worldly experiences Cambodia brings a sense of mysticism with an exploration of ancient temples tangled in jungle at dawn and experience the revered Angkor Wat soaring from the dusty plains at sunrise. Navigate its sleepy colonial towns and luxuriate on its glistening beaches as you enjoy warming smiles in its pristine villages. Ideal for families and couples alike, Cambodia offers visitors a wealth of experiences and insight into one of the world’s most fascinating histories where you can be sure to succumb to its charm.
- Unique Experience: Your own private dinner at the Angkorian temple lit up at night offers a breathtaking backdrop for any special occasion. Greeted at this stunning setting with pre-dinner drinks and canapés, dine on sumptuous Khmer cuisine and enjoy a traditional Apsara Dance Show for the evening’s entertainment while gaining insight into the current Cambodian cultural renaissance.
Legendary white sandy beaches and warm people are only a small part of the appeal that draws people to Thailand. A land of contrasts, expect an overload to the senses with an eclectic mix of glistening temples, chaotic cities, and delicious Thai food.
- Thailand for Families: Thailand comes to life with a range of unique family-friendly experiences that go beyond the obvious. Take your youngest to the east coast for calm, shallow seas – perfect for new swimmers, or to the range of glimmering temples to marvel at playful monkeys and cave shrines. Many temples also have fortune-telling areas, which is an especially fun hands-on experience for children. Zip around the city in a tuk tuk and spend a day at an elephant sanctuary for the highlight of every family adventure in Thailand.
- Thailand for Honeymooners: An undeniably romantic backdrop, Thailand has the potential for many great journeys around the country. A popular option is to explore some of its dreamy islands and their luxury hideaways overlooking immaculate beaches and sapphire waters. Scott Dunn’s itineraries will take you East Coast Island Hopping, Floating Markets, and Powdery Beaches. Sample some of the most heavenly resorts and retreats in the country twinned with incredible experiences and vistas to really make your once-in-a-lifetime honeymoon an unforgettable one.
- Our Guide to Thailand: As one of the most visited of all Southeast Asian countries, Thailand is a blend of sacred spaces, refined cuisine, vibrant metropolis, incredible beaches alongside crystal waters and jungle landscape hiding ancient ruins and magnificent elephants. Encounter off-the-beaten-track villages in the northern mountains, waterfalls and boundless expanses of verdant rice paddies as you venture through the Thai culture in style and sophistication with some magical experiences thrown in for good measure.
- Unique Experience: Keep an eye out for the local wildlife including gibbons, deer, wild boars and more than 350 species of birds as you trek through the Doi Inthanon Waterfalls which plummet 70 metres before crashing into the shallow pools at the base of the falls. Spend some time here enjoying the wonderful natural surroundings before heading back to Chiang Mai.
Borneo’s emerald rainforests and rugged mountains are some of the most diverse in the world – with an incredible array of plans and wildlife; so much so that Sir David Attenborough has described the island as one of the planet’s “richest treasure-houses”. From world-class diving through the vibrant coral reefs off Sabah’s coastline to peaceful river cruises, Borneo is a fascinating island offering unforgettable wildlife encounters.
- Family Fun in Malaysia and Borneo: Ideally suited for families, uncover the very best of what Borneo has to offer. From exhilarating water sports off Sabah’s coastline to peaceful river cruising along the Kinabatangan River in search of orangutans and proboscis monkeys, the whole family will enjoy exploring our top picks for Malaysia and Borneo.
- Borneo for Couples: Scott Dunn’s Epic Malaysia and Borneo itinerary is perfect for honeymooners. We’ve set the bar high with this incredible two-week adventure to Borneo. Get ready for wildlife encounters, lush emerald jungles and tropical marine underworlds, dine at world-class restaurants and enjoy romantic moments under the moonlight on a deserted beach. This is a unique opportunity to discover new things and relax with the one you love.
- Ultimate Borneo: Journey through the heart of Malaysian Borneo, see pygmy elephants and orangutans in the pristine Kinabatangan Wetlands area before enjoying some respite on one of Sabah’s beautiful outer islands, Gaya Island. For a truly special experience, stay at a traditional rainforest lodge deep within the Danum Valley as the perfect introduction to Borneo and its highlights, combining incredible wildlife with the stunning beaches.
- Unique Experience: Immerse in the Orangutan’s natural habitat and discover the wonders of the Sepilok Orangutan and Sun Bear Sanctuary. Spanning 43 square kilometres and currently home to 60 to 80 orphaned, injured or previously captive orangutans, watch them learn to climb on ropes and trees in this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Which South East Asia travel adventure is calling out to you?
Even though I have visited different destinations in South East Asia, there are still a lot more travel adventures for me to explore and discover. I am always seeking nature and outdoors adventures, high up in the mountains or deep into the rainforest.
There are many travel adventures out there for you in South East Asia for you to discover and explore. Which South East Asia travel adventure is calling out to you?
* Information and pictures courtesy of Scott Dunn and White Label PR *