Lomography recently announced the latest addition to their Lomography Art Lens Family – the Lomography Atoll Ultra-Wide 2.8/17 Art Lens. This lens is now available on Kickstarter! At a focal length of 17mm, this would sound very familiar to photographers and filmmakers.
The World is your oyster
Photographers and filmmakers, let the world see through your eyes and views through this ultra-wide angle lens, the world is your oyster. Explore and capture new ultra-wide possibilities and soak in every inch of your photography and cinematography in stunning detail and vivid contrasts with the Lomography Atoll Ultra-Wide 2.8/17 Art Lens.
Photographers and filmmakers, it’s time to open up your imagination again, utilising the versatility of this ultra-wide art lens and let the magic flow out from your mind, eyes, heart and soul.
Immerse in the world of close-ups
With Lomography Atoll Ultra-Wide 2.8/17 Art Lens, you can get impossibly close to your subject, as close as 0.1m whilst keeping the beautiful, bustling background in piercing focus too.
Use the optical viewfinder for accurate composition with analogue cameras and add charisma to every one of the 103º of view through the optic’s superb rendition of colors and lights.
Glide between photography and film
The Lomography Atoll Ultra-Wide 2.8/17 Art Lens is designed for both photographers and filmmakers in mind, allowing them to glide between photography and film setups has never been so easy. From capturing landscape, action, street and travel photography as well as breathtaking film from dynamic documentary to awe-inspiring action adventure.
This lens has a modern helicoid focusing mechanism, dampened aperture control ring and short focus throw, allowing you the photographer and filmmaker to seamlessly adjust focus and f-stop whilst the camera is rolling for quick, create control.
*For further specifications please check their Kickstarter page
- Focal Length: 17 mm
- Format Coverage: 35 mm/ full-frame
- Field of View: 103º
- Lotus Lens Hood: Yes
- Lens Construction: 13 multicoated elements, 10 groups
- Focusing: Manual
- Closest Focus Distance: 0.1 m (Canon RF, Nikon Z, Sony E), 0.25 m (M mount)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Aperture Construction: 8 blades, f/2.8–f/22
- Aperture Ring: Dampened
- Depth of Field Scale: Yes
- Mount: M (native) & Canon RF/ Nikon Z/ Sony E (with Close-up Lens Base)
- Electronic Contacts: No
- M mount Rangefinder Coupling: Yes
- M mount Frameline: 28 mm
- External Optical Viewfinder: Yes
- Materials: Sandblasted anodized aluminum
- Dimensions (including Lotus Lens Hood and Close-up Lens Base): 87 mm
- (Canon RF) / 91 mm (Nikon Z) / 89 mm (Sony E) / ø73 mm Å~ 79 mm (M)
Available on Kickstarter from USD$399 – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/atoll-ultra-wide-17mm-art-lens
Delivery Date: August 2021
Estimated retail price from USD$549
Do share this Lomography Atoll Ultra-Wide 2.8/17 Art Lens news with your fellow photographer and filmmaker friends!
* Information and pictures courtesy of Lomography *