On 7th April 2020, this marks a new record in Singapore’s history. Begun the Circuit Breaker has in Singapore, inspired by the quote by Master Yoda from Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones.
The circuit break are new stricter measures announced by the Singapore government to curb the spread of the Covid-19 virus situation in Singapore. The whole world have been severely hit by the Covid-19 virus, massive disruptions to the world economy. Some industries are more severely impacted by the virus situation and we are all feeling the stress, pressure, anxiety and fear for our daily living, work or business. For photographers who are doing this as a full time business or as a freelancer, this is a massive test for the photography industry.
Circuit Breaker – In a nutshell, it’s a closure of non-essential services in Singapore during this period from 7th April 2020 to 4th May 2020 (at the very least and hopefully). More in-depth coverage of the Singapore’s Circuit Breaker is published here inside this article on my technology and business portal/blog.
While we photographers are working from home, making the best out of this dire situation arising from the Covid-19 virus. We do hope to be back in photography action as soon as the situation is under control and stabilised. What am I doing during this downturn for my photography segment?
For a start, I am working on other photography and related areas.
- Working on my first photo zine after a successful trial run of my pre-launch/trial photo zine that I published not too long ago.
- Curating and making changes to my commercial photography portfolio website – https://www.tghphotography.com/
- Curating and adding more photographs to my photography gallery websites – https://500px.com/tangenghui and https://www.flickr.com/photos/tangenghui/
- Working on two gadget review articles, Canon PIXMA TS6370 and Canon EOS M6 Mark II
- Local travel stories for #TravelFromHome series for fellow travelers from around the world and for local Singapore readers too
Check out the photographs shared in this article, they were shot with the Canon EOS M6 Mark II with EF-M18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM kit lens, a sneak preview of my upcoming review article.
This is a very difficult time for everyone of us, not just us photographers, we are feeling the blows and impacts from the Covid-19 virus situation, on both personal and professional fronts. This is also the time that we understand that we all are in this together, let’s all be nice to each other and help each other as much as possible.
Let’s all try to help one another, let’s help you photographers and also me to shout out/share their/my website, social media platforms, photography galleries.
We all need to be #SGUnited #SGTogether and make it work. Let’s don’t let this circuit breaker extend beyond this period!